From online shopping and dining to travelling and utility bills, credit cards give you the freedom to spend like no other! And if your credit card is your number one financial tool, here’s some fantastic news for you.
To provide customers with more payment choices and facilitate seamless transactions, the RBI has allowed linking your credit card to the Unified Payment Interface (UPI).
Now you can use your credit card through the UPI account. This step is a part of the central bank’s efforts to enhance the scope of UPI in India. However, you can link UPI with only RuPay credit cards right now.
Here’s all you need to know about this change introduced by the RBI-
According to RBI statistics, UPI has over 26 crores of unique users and five crore merchants, making it the most inclusive payment mode in India. But until now, you could only use it as a “pay now” method. Here, the money is directly deducted from your savings bank account. Now, with the allowance to link credit cards, you will no longer have to pay money from your bank account but pay later with the credit card.
Wondering about the benefits you get from this move and the process for the same? We’ve got you covered!
With the ease of UPI payments on your credit card, you don’t need to carry your physical cards or authenticate the transaction with OTP. You can easily authenticate the transaction and pay through your smartphone. Moreover, UPI payments are free and require single-click verification.
- It allows various payment options through a single application.
- You can enjoy affordable credit card interest rates along with hassle-free payments anytime, anywhere.
- With UPI-linked credit cards, you can avail of exciting cash-back deals and earn maximum reward points on every transaction.
- More secure payment through QR codes for everything – now make direct account transfer, pay using debit and credit cards, and more by simply scanning the UPI QR codes.
If you have been waiting to get a credit card, then now is the right time with the advent of UPI linking – combining UPI with credit cards makes payments much more effortless. Perform credit card comparison and check credit card interest rates to choose a card that suits you the best. And remember to link your card to UPI to get the most out of it!
Currently, you make payments directly from bank accounts and through debit cards with UPI. But introducing credit cards through UPI will enhance the scope of digital payments.
The process includes adding your credit card to the UPI application and making payments without having to swipe it at the Point of Sale (POS) machine. At the payment counter,
- Scan the OR code or enter the recipient’s mobile number.
- Select one of the added cards as a payment method.
- Input your UPI pin, and the payment is processed.
The combination of UPI and credit cards encourages people to continue using UPI even when payment from a savings account is not desirable. This decision will undoubtedly pave the way for much faster UPI adaption across geographies. So don’t wait! Apply for a credit card to make the most of your finances today!